The last part of our group vacation was the island of Santorini. When I think of Santorni, I think of pure bliss, romance and of course the white building with blue domes.
Santorini is a volcanic island with a population of just 15,000 people. With tons of beautiful beaches and wineries, you are guaranteed to have the most spectacular time on the island.
Our group stayed two nights on the island and spent much of our time exploring different areas, relaxing and soaking up the last few days of our long vacation.
Where We Stayed:
Andromeda Villas– located about 30 minutes away from the Thira port in Imerovigli. This gorgeous villa sits cliff side directly face the Thirasia volcano. I spent a lot of time trying to find a hotel that would suite all of our needs: a pool, a bar, great views and access to transportation. This hotel was everything and more. The staff was extremely patient during our check in process, which can be difficult and somewhat cumbersome, checking in 12 people into six rooms. They made it very easy for me. All the staff had smiles on their face and were warm and welcoming. They even gave us extra “margarita” shots on our last day.
Where We Ate & Drank:
- Ambrosia (Oia)- Some of the best views and best food you’ll find in Santorini
- Metropolis Street (Fira)
- PK Cocktail Bar (Fira)- amazing drinks
- Koo Night Club– Not my cup of tea as I am not a fan of dance/EDM type music, but it’s a beautiful space
- Murphy’s Bar (Fira)- This is your typical American bar. Loud music, crowded and sugary drinks
- Marykay’s Bar (Oia)- Love this spot! Great music and cocktails to pair
What We Did:
- Rented ATVs
- Hiked part of the Oia trail
- Fish Pedicures
- Visited Black Sand Beach
Tips & Suggestions:
- Hike the Thirasia volcano and visit the hot springs! We didn’t do it on our vacation, but I have done it in the past and the views are incredible, once you reach the top. The volcano is active and you can smell the sulfur spewing from the core. The hot springs can be a hit or miss. You do have to swim quite a ways to get to the springs, but the waters are gorgeous and warm.
- Visit a winery. Again, there are so many to choose from, that you really can’t go wrong. The one I suggest is Domaine Sigalas. This is on the northern end of this island, closer to Oia. It’s a little pricey, but 10 tastings are included plus lunch. So it’s a win.
- Stay in Oia if you want to experience the romantic side of Santorini. A lot of the hotels have the cave-type rooms, with views of the caldera and have a private pool/jacuzzi. Oia also has a ton of great restaurants within walking distance. Go out for a night-cap and then step in your abode for some sexy time!
- Go on a fishing expedition. This is something that I really wanted to do, but waited until the last second. There are tours where you can go out on a fishing boat (a nice one) and capture, octopus, lobsters and different types of fish. Whatever you catch, they will prepare a nice lunch/dinner for you, beach side.
Hope you all found this guide to be helpful. If you are interested in any additional tips or have any questions, leave a comment below! Until next time!