My mornings are pretty unpredictable. I can never wake up at the same time every day. Some times I will only hit snooze once. Some times I’ll hit it 10 times. I am one of those the NEEDS breakfast in the morning. Otherwise you can find me breaking into the vending machine at 9:00 AM at work. I honestly do believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It jump starts your metabolism and helps control your hunger through out the day.
Now, because I am looking at my clock and I have approximately 20 minutes until I need to leave for work, I decide to make something quick and dirty.
My new go-to is Poached Egg Avocado Toast! It’s simple, quick and easy to eat when you are in a hurry. I love this meal because it is packed with protein and good fats. I use whole grain toast to help fill up my belly. If you are going to have carbs, do it in the morning. That way you have all day to burn off the calories. I like to dress it up with Sriracha, it adds a nice little kick and it also jump starts your metabolism. Add a touch of garlic-tons of health benefits!
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
- half of avocado (you can use more or less if you’d like)
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- Sriracha sauce
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Use a small sauce pan and fill with about 2/3 of water and add vinegar. Bring to a boil. Do not let the water boil to the point where it’s splashing everywhere. Just a little rumbling is good.
- While you wait for the water to, toast your bread. Once done, spread garlic on bread once done. Place avocado on bread and use a fork to smash the avocado and spread evenly.
- Crack egg into a small bowl or a small measuring cup. Allow to aerate for a minute or two. Once water has reached its boiling point, start to stir water in a circle, quickly. You can use any instrument that helps to stir. Slowly, add the egg into the water and continue to stir. Allow egg to cook for two minutes.
- Scoop egg from water and gently pat dry. Place egg on toast, sprinkle salt and pepper on top and drizzle with Sriracha sauce.