This past weekend, I flew to West Coast to visit my boyfriend in Los Angeles for the weekend. Home to the rich and famous and crazies. L.A. holds a special place in my heart. I did a brief stint out in the City of Angeles back in the summer of 2009, post college. I applied for an internship program called University of Dreams (now called Dream Careers). Side note, If you have a kid that’s in college and they’re looking to explore another city, and want a jump start on a career opportunity, I would highly recommend this program. They have locations all around the world and it was one of the best experiences I’ve ever done!
My ultimate goal in life is to work for an event planning firm and plan events such as the Grammys or the Oscars. I would much rather be behind the scenes than in front of the camera lense. So I always get such nostalgia when I come here. It makes want to dream big and just give it a shot. I would never forgive myself if I didn’t give it my all. So that’s my game plan!
Would I call myself a West Coast girl? No. I’m a Midwest girl. I eat, sleep, and breathe Chicago. But I can’t ignore that L.A. is definitely appealing. Even though we were only here for a quick weekend, we for sure made the most of it. Check out of some of the things we did.
Where We Ate
Champagne French Bakery-Beverly Hills
Locando Del Lago-Santa Monica
Things We Did
Cruise Down Sunset Blvd, Hollywood Blvd, and Santa Monica
Walk Down Rodeo
Hiked Runyon Canyon
Drove through Malibu
Visited a Hookah Lounge
Visited Santa Monica-3rd Street Promenade and the Pier
Visited Venice Beach
Things YOU Should Do
If you haven’t been to L.A. before, here are some additional things you should add to your list.
- Visit Universal Studios– this place is pretty f-ing awesome!
- Visit Disneyland
- Sail to Catalina Island
- Visit Grauman’s Chinese Theater
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Stalk a ton of celebrities on a Celebrity Tour
- Go to a sports game (Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Kings)
- Enjoy In-N-Out Burger-it’s just a classic
- Stop by the infamous Beverly Hills hotel, The Roosevelt, and Chateau Marmont for a drinks and stare at the celebs in your presence.
- See a stand-up comedy show at Laugh Factory or the Comedy Store. Tons of comedians swing by to do an open mic or watch up-and-coming talent. Acts from Louis C.K. to Dane Cook. Something a little more chill, not too expensive, and filled with laughs.
- Catch a concert at any of the infamous music venues: The Viper Room (owned by Johnny Depp), The Roxy, or Whiskey-a-go-go
- Dance at the Abbey. You’ll never experience anything like it.