Happy Monday, Everyone! Tough loss for the Bears yesterday, and now I’m forced to listen to my boyfriend shove it in my face. Super annoying.
Andy and I leave tomorrow for our trip to Europe. I can’t believe it’s finally here. I’m putting some final touches to my wardrobe attire and toiletry bag. When flying internationally, you’re allowed one free checked bag, under 50 lbs and then two carry-ons. When traveling to my destination, I only bring one large carry-on and then keep a larger bag folded in my suitcase. That way I have an extra bag which I put clothes in and make extra room in my suitcase for the new purchases. Smart, right?
So, I thought I would put together a quick post on how to properly pack your carry-on. There have been too many times, when I found myself saying, “I wish I had this with me”. Packing your carry-on is just as important as packing your actual suitcase.
It’s a long flight. You’re stuck in an uncomfortable position (unless you’re first class) for numerous hours. It’s hard to sleep and there’s only so many magazines you can read. So making sure you have all the right necessities is crucial.
For me, I have to not only think of the things that I need, but also things that my boyfriend is going to need. We all know men are the WORST when it comes to packing. My boyfriend insists on waiting until the day of to pack. So knowing that, he’s most likely going to forget something, so I have to be prepared for him too.
Below are 25 items that You should bring in your Carry-on
- Socks. During long flights, I like to take my shoes off as sometimes they can be uncomfortable. But nothing is more gross than having bare feet in the open air for everyone to smell, nonetheless touching a dirty floor. Socks provide lots of comfort and cleanliness
- Wet wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wisp Sticks
- Tums. Easy cure for an upset stomach
- Eye drops
- Passport/travel documents
- Scarf/Pashmina. Use it as a blanket when the plane gets chilly. Airplane blankets gross me out. How long have they been sitting in a dust cabinet?!
- Empty water bottle. It’s important to stay hydrated during long flights.
- Evian Spray. Not only do you need to keep your body hydrated. You want to keep your skin hydrated as well
- Eye masks
- Shout wipes. When your boyfriend can’t eat a meal without spilling on himself. This will come handy
- Prescription meds. Like I said, this is what’s going on inside my bag
- Make-up bag. Touch up your make- up and follow-up with the Evian water spray to leave a fresh looking face when you get off the plane
- Perfume (Angel by Thierry Mugler). Make sure it’s a travel size or under 3oz
- Small pack of tissues (not pictured)
- Portable phone charger (not pictured)
Each person is different, so you may find some of my items may or may not be helpful. But make a list! There’s always something that you’re going to need. Pinterest also has some great tips/ideas on packing a carry on. Check out my Traveler Tips Board to help get you started! Until next time…Xoxo